at the heart of Chester since 1807
Welcome to Chester City Club
Founded in 1807 as The Commercial Reading Rooms. The Chester City Club is one of only a few surviving traditional clubs still located in their original premises.
In fact, there are only twelve clubs in existence in this country (excluding Scotland) whose foundation dates back earlier than the Chester City Club.
Situated in the secluded St Peter’s Church Yard, opposite to the stunningly refurbished and highly recommended Commercial Hotel, The Club offers a quiet oasis in the city for members to dine and relax.